I've MOVED BLOGS to www.vanessatiffanie.com Thank you!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Review: Tarte: Baby It's Bold Outside The Stand Outs Limited-edition Best-sellers Kit

Hello flawless!

I want to wish everyone a late Merry Christmas! I didn't have time to post anything from when I got back (Monday) to Christmas (Yesterday) til today! I got back from Punta Cana on Monday and let me just say, it was a BEAUTIFUL TRIP! I highly recommend anyone to go there because it's just a gorgeous and wonderful place for a vacation. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them! Even though I put SPF 55 on my face, it still got burnt. Tan, but burnt. A few misfortunes did happen to me though. First we were 5 minutes late so we missed our flight so we had to pay a couple thousand dollars more, and rebook an entirely new route and flight! That wasted an entire day. Then, my luggage was "lost". It was supposed to be in Punta Cana, but it was left in Miami. Then, I fell down the stair case because it was slippery and wet after a day of rain. Then, the waiter dropped all the drinks on me so I was covered in many Pina Coladas and the glass drink ware broke on the floor and on me so I got a few cuts on my arm. Good thing the wound wasn't very deep, and Cream of Coconut and Pineapple juice washes out of BCBG.

I will be uploading a video on what I received for Christmas this year because that video was requested. But one of the things I received from my sister is something I'd like to do a review on which is the Tarte Baby It's Bold Outside The Stand Outs Limited-edition Best-sellers Kit! It is a 4-piece kit of Tarte's best of the best!

From left to right: Double Ended Eyeliner Brush, Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Bronze,
 LipSurgence lip luster in Pouty, and a deluxe sample of Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara! 
This set is sold for $25.00 (Total Value: $88.00) at tartecosmetics.com, Sephora, and Ulta.

Description from tarte.com

A limited-edition best-sellers kit is a mix of best-selling products in shades hand-picked by tarte founder Maureen Kelly and the tarte team.
Product Performance: Must haves for playing up your best features are all inside the giftable box—designed especially for the tartelette with gifts to give and stockings to fill!.

baby, it’s bold outside

here’s what’s inside:
  • Amazonian clay waterproof liner in bronze
  • double-ended eyeliner brush
  • LipSurgence™ lip luster in pouty
  • deluxe lights, camera, lashes!™4-in-1 mascara
Powered By: Amazonian clay: will work to nourish lids, reduce surface oil and improve overall texture for easy application and better wear.


LipSurgence Lip Luster in Pouty
Retail Value: $24
The Claims:
As a follow up to tarte's best-selling LipSurgence™ lip tints, these shimmering lip lusters give  lips a high dose of color and shine in an easy twist-up stick.
Product Performance: LipSurgence™ lip lusters combine sheer iridescent pure color with natural moisturizers that glides on smooth and soften lips. This proprietary formula effectively increases skin’s water content for a ‘plumped up’ appearance with a natural hint of shimmering tint and taste of mint. The result is naturally fuller, healthier lips without any irritation or stinging. The easy-to-use twist-up container eliminates the need for sharpeners.
Powered By: A proprietary blend of plant bio-nutrients, vitamins, and essential oils rich in emollients: these antioxidant free radical fighters (vitamin C & E, pepperming & jojoba oil) prevent premature signs of aging, while softening lips.
Source: tartecosmetics.com

I have always wanted to try out a Tarte LipSurgence Lipstain (Lip Luster). When I first got in to makeup, this is one of the many things I found out about from different youtube beauty gurus. The color of this lipstick-stain is a pinky-red color with shimmer in it. When lightly applied, it is an enhancement of my natural lip shade. It is suitable for all skin-tones, in my opinion. It's also a nice shade to wear everyday in all seasons. When you apply it to your lips wanting the full color, the pigmentation is very vibrant and it looks not over dramatic. I think you can pair this lip color with any look you're trying to achieve! (Just remember to not do the bold lip+eye+cheek, it looks too tacky!) I also love how it's a twist-up applicator so there's no need for the sharpening hassle! Also, after a while or once you wipe the product off, it leaves a pretty flush tint on your lips! Bonus! The flavor is minty-fresh. 

Overall Rating: 9/10 

The Claims:
A lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara infused with olive esters to condition, treat, and protect lashes. 
Product Performance: Our lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara could be considered a push-up bra for your lashes—a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) plus it’s dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume. 
Powered By: olive esters: conditions, treats and protects lashes


I haven't used this mascara long enough to see if it made any difference in the condition of my lashes. But, I do really like this mascara on first the price ($19.00 in comparison to $30.00+ other high-end mascaras) as well as the texture. It is not flaky nor "crunchy". It feels really soft (reminds me of Maybelline Full N' Soft). I didn't have a problem with clumping as well. It provides a true-to-black color. It's not a grey tone. It didn't smudge either. I really like this mascara and plan on purchasing the full size as soon as possible!

Overall Rating: 9/10

Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Bronze
Source: tartecosmetics.com
The Claims:
A creamy Amazonian clay infused eyeliner that goes on smooth and allows you to create a thin line or thick cat eye in an instant then dries down to budge-proof smudge-proof perfection. A FREE double-ended liner brush is included for precise application. 
Product Performance: Line and define your gorgeous eyes with this clay infused formula that glides over lids without pulling or tugging. The quick-dry formula is available in a variety of shades and sets quickly so your liner stays put all day.Get the sharpness of a liquid liner look but with a plush velvety finish that’s easily smudgeable allowing you to create your choice of a sleek or smoldering line. 
Powered By: Amazonian clay: Amazonian clay is nature's most perfect ingredient— lending deep color pigments while nourishing skin, reducing surface oil and improving overall texture for smooth application. 


This product literally stays on from the time you apply it, to the moment you remove it! I've heard so many wonderful things about Tarte's Amazonian Clay line and I can see why there is such a hype about it! This lasts so long, the bronze color is gorgeous! There are endless looks you can achieve with this single product, as well as various locations on your eye to put this. It can be used alone for a more subtle natural look. Or, what I did today was apply a line of my favorite liquid eyeliner ever Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner, and then applied this above it. It gave it a really soft smoky-ish look and I am in love with it! I'm also going to try applying this on my lower lash line. I bet it'll look absolutely devine. The color is a pigmented warm shimmery-brown/bronze that's flattering on any skin tone, especially mine. The brush is really nice as well! I have my own brushes (my new MAC ones are being shipped, Christmas Gift from my parents!) but I decided to use the brush that was given in the set. I recommend using the smaller, pointier side for more precision. I didn't like using the opposite side to apply this because it looked messy. You can use this as a cream-eyeshadow as it would be an amazing hold-in-place base for any eye look! I plan on buying more shades!

Overall Rating: 9/10 


Final Note
All the products are wonderful, there isn't a single product I didn't enjoy. I love everything that came in this adorable package! 

Until Next Time,
xoxo
Vanessa
http://www.youtube.com/vanessatiffanie <--Support by subscribing!!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment