I've MOVED BLOGS to www.vanessatiffanie.com Thank you!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dying My Hair For The First Time! Feat. Clairol Natural Instincts

Hey guys!


So a couple days ago, I died my hair! I bought a regular ol' box dye from Ulta and it's the Clairol Natural Instincts in Medium Auburn (Raspberry Creme) $8.69. I was drawn to this specific dye because it said it was less damaging than most hair dyes, and was ammonia free. The word "natural" really drew me into the product. It's supposed to last up to 28 shampoo washes, and it also comes with a refresher, or as they called it. After 2 weeks has passed, you apply this product in your hair, leave it in for 5-10 minutes, and then it's suppose to "refresh" or "re-color" your hair. I have yet to try that product out!

The Claims:

This Level 2 hair color is formulated with 100% pure aloe, chamomile, and ginseng to condition hair during coloring. This ammonia-free formula enhances color and shine, but does not lighten hair. If unsure on a shade, choose a shade lighter than your current color. Kit includes: No Amonia Colorant, Developing Lotion, Deep Conditioning Treatment with Aloe, Simple Application Instructions, Professional Gloves.

From: Ulta.com


Clairol Natural Instincts in Raspberry Creme $8.69
Since my hair is naturally dark dark brown, the color didn't fully turn out like this. However, after leaving the dye in for 10 minutes, my hair was a noticeably beautiful burgundy-cherry-chocolate color (So slightly darker than the color shown above). It's most noticeable in the light. It looks ahmazing! When I swish my hair it looks like red. Fire!

Selfie(: Day 2, and I crimped my hair!


Overall I am happy with how it turned out, how easy the application was, and just the product in general!

Until Next Time,
xoxo
Vanessa


4 comments: