I've MOVED BLOGS to www.vanessatiffanie.com Thank you!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream Skin Perfector SPF 30 in Light/Medium

Hi beautifuls!

As summer is coming to an end, I wanted to get some new beauty products that I thought would be nice for the upcoming (school) year. I did a LOT of back to school shopping for clothes, school supplies, and...this is my first week with my Mac Book Pro 13" laptop! I am so excited because I am a HUGE fan of Apple products so this laptop is a new addition to my Apple product "collection", if you will.

One of the beauty products I purchased about a week and a half ago was the Revlon Photoready BB Cream in the shade light/medium. I was going to do post this right then and there, but I wanted to give it at least a week of trial to see if I like it or not.

I purchased mine at an Ulta nearby alongside with other drugstore products so I spent a little over $30 in total so I was able to use my $3.50 off $10 purchase coupon they send me via mail, or you can go online to ulta.com to print one out! This BB cream was $10.99 and I purchased this in the shade light/medium as I noted earlier. I already have 3 drugstore BB creams: Maybelline Dream Fresh, L'Oreal Magic BB Cream, and the Cover Girl BB Cream (although this one really classified as a tinted moisturizer under the title "BB Cream"). I have a review on the Cover Girl BB Cream as well as my overview on what a BB Cream is, so if you want to read it click here. 

Revlon Photoready BB Cream in Light/Medium $10.99
The Claims:

 A lightweight, multi-benefit Beauty Balm by Revlon that combines skincare, makeup, and sunscreen into one step.



  • HYDRATES like moisturizer
  • SMOOTHES like primer
  • COVERS like foundation
  • BLURS FLAWS like concealer
  • PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen
  • Source: Ulta.com


    To be 100% honest with you, I don't think ANY BB Cream from the U.S is a "BB Cream". I think they are just multifunctional tinted moisturizers. In my opinion, the only "real" BB Creams come from Asia because theirs are true to purpose, to create a flawless complexion with skincare benefits derived from extracts, etc. However, I am glad that the drugstore in the U.S sell "BB Creams" because they are great face products (multifunctional tinted moisturizers).

    With this particular BB Cream, I did find it hydrating it is somewhat heavy. If you have oily skin like I do, this might be a turn off because it makes us Oily skin people feel even oilier. You can definitely feel this product on your skin and unfortunately it doesn't go away. However, I think this would be perfect for the winter time when my skin gets drier. 

    This didn't have a primer texture or consistency, but it did go on smoothly. It may or may not have a built in primer I do not know for sure, but this BB cream does last for a good day or so

    It does not have a foundation level coverage. It has a little more coverage than the Cover Girl tinted moisturizer/BB Cream, but it was not "foundation" coverage. It did even out my skin tone, but the redness around my nose, and some spots on my face were visible. 

    Again, like I said above, this product doesn't have high coverage, it just evens out my skintone so I wouldn't say it is "like a concealer".

    I love how this product has SPF 30 because it is additional sun protection that you might've forgotten in your skin care routine.


    Swatch, shade: Light/Medium
    The product comes out like a thick moisturizer, but not a cream. On my hand it looks fairly light, but here is how it appears once it's blended out a bit:

    Blended out
    I didn't blend it completely but I did enough so you could see how dewy it looks as well as how it blends with my skintone. I really like this because I can mix it with a darker shade, or use it during those awkward 1/2 slightly tan 1/2 pale days.

    Overall, I do like this product. I wish it was a bit lighter, but I don't mind it so much. I love how it looks on my skin, it evens everything out and makes my skin look flawless. I would purchase it again but it wouldn't be the first item on my list to go shopping for.

    8/10

    Until Next Time,
    xoxo
    Vanessa

    CLICK HERE to purchase my favorite brushes! You get a free gift with any $30 purch!

    *Disclaimer: I purchased everything myself, all opinions are my own

    No comments:

    Post a Comment